A very commonly faced problem with users of the Netgear Router is that they cannot access the routerlogin.net page. This may occur by getting redirected to a new tab which shows an error. The main reason for this is because your Netgear router is incorrectly setup. It is important to reset your Router so that you are able to access your routerlogin.net page.
In this article, we have answered your questions about access to the routerlogin.net and provided you with step by step instructions that, if followed correctly will solve your problem in no time.
Setup Netgear Router Accurately
For the proper functioning of your router, it is important to ensure that your Netgear Router is correctly setup. Once this is done properly, only then can you proceed to access the router login page.
To make sure that you perform the setup process accurately through the Smart Setup Wizard, follow the steps given below.
Step 1: First of all, get an Ethernet cable and connect the internet port of the Netgear router with your broadband modem. Now connect the LAN port of the Netgear router to your computer.
Step 2: Secondly, boot the computer, modem, and router.
Step 3: Next, go to the routerlogin.net setup and select Start.
Step 4: After that, you can use any of the below-given login addresses which will lead you to the Netgear Router Login site.
- Netgear routerlogin.net
- Netgear routerlogin.com
- 168.1.1 IP address
Step 5: After selecting any one of these, you will be asked for a login address.
Netgear’s default login address is
Login Name “admin”
Login password “password”
Step 6: You will be taken to the Smart Setup Wizard. Hit the Yes button and then the Next button.
Step 7: Save your settings customized by clicking on Save.
Step 8: Hit the Router Start button to ensure the connectivity of your router.
Start Login Page | Routerlogin.net Access
To start the Netgear Router Login, follow the given steps.
Step 1: Firstly, go to the routerlogin.net address through any browser on your computer.
Step 2: Secondly, enter your login details correctly without errors.
Step 3: That’s it. You will be able to view and change your settings to ensure more safety to your network.
Moreover, if you have any problems while accessing routerlogin.net, try using the 192.168.1.1 IP address instead.
Unable to Access Routerlogin.net NetGear Login Page?
Here are a few measures you can try if you are unable to access and you don’t know why.
Step 1: First of all, clear your browser’s cache memory. Then try again.
Step 2: After that, ensure your network does not have any firewall setup. These can hinder your access to the router login page.
Step 3: Although 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address for Netgear login, you can try the alternative IP address 192.168.0.1.
Step 4: Check your power connections and try again.
Step 5: At last, we advise you to use an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi for this procedure.
Possible Issues You Might Face
Here are a few problems that might arise with your Netgear Router device. Netgear router IP access issue, Netgear router setup issue, Parental control problems, Installation issues with browser, Firewall blocking problems, Slow Wi-Fi, Recovery of forgotten password, Change default password,
Troubleshooting of issues, Blocking websites for Netgear router, Dealing with DNS issues, Firmware glitches.
Change the Admin Password for Netgear
If you wish to change your Admin password for added security, these are the steps to do so.
Step 1: Firstly, open the Netgear router login page. Enter correctly your login name and current password.
(The default is admin/password.)
Step 2: After logging in, search for the Advanced options button.
Step 3: Next, click on Administrative. You will spot a Set Password option.
Step 4: After that, alter the password to one of your choices. Make sure that you remember to save your changes.
Things to Remember
Here are some additional guidelines you must know before you proceed to the Netgear Router Login to customize your settings.
- Make sure to place your modem at a considerable distance from the Netgear Router. This is important to keep the Wi-Fi signals of both the devices from getting mixed.
- If you are short of space, consider switching off devices you are not using at the moment. Moreover, it is common to face certain issues when too many devices are connected together to a singular Wi-Fi network.
- If your Netgear router included a set of antennas in the package, use those antennas. You can do this correctly by fixing them to the router and then access the login address. Antennas help in providing better and more efficient connectivity.
- It is always preferred to have a reliable and continuous power supply so you can work on your configuration without any disturbances.
Improve the Working Capability of your Router
These are some tips that you should remember to be able to have a better experience using your Netgear Router.
- The antennas are provided to extend your Router’s Wi-Fi signal to a larger zone or area. Therefore it is important to always use the given antennas in a correct manner. If you have not received the antennas but wish to have them then you can find them on the Netgear website.
- Try your best to place the router at a location where there are not many walls and any other obstructions. These can hinder in your network and give poor connectivity through the walls.
- Always look for the latest updates for the Routers software. You should be able to look for these from the Official Netgear webpage. Updates ensure that you have better and smooth working experience and are up to date with the latest features provided.
- To improve your internet speed, try altering the channel bandwidth. Once done correctly, nit will make a noticeable impact on speed.
- Always change the default login address and password for added security. Moreover, you can do this by following the steps mentioned in this article above. Also, always choose a strong password and avoid setting very obvious passwords or leaving them written down in vulnerable places.
Changing the MTU Size
If after changing all the settings you still cannot get a desirable speed of your internet connection, you can try changing the MTU size of the Router.
Step 1: First of all, go to the routerlogin.net page and fill in your details correctly.
Step 2: After logging in, select the Wireless Settings option.
Step 3: Next, change the MTU, (Maximum Transfer Unite). Then hit the Save button.
Step 4: After that, go to the “cmd” window.
Step 5: Following, enter the command, www.google.com -f-|1500.
Step 6: Go back to the WAN Setup. Type in your desired MTU size for your Netgear router. Lastly, select Apply.
Having Issues with Netgear Router login?
If you are experiences issues with the login for your Netgear router, reset your Netgear Router. This will take all your settings back to default. Also, it is a very simple task. Just use the Reset button on the back and hold it for a couple of seconds. Or else you can do it by accessing the Router login. Most of the commonly faced issues are dealt with by simply resetting the device settings.
So here we have guidelines to help you out of situations where you are stuck with issues with your Netgear Router. At last, we hope to have solved all your problems in this article. Always remember to follow the tips mentioned to have a hassle-free experience with your Netgear device.